The brandname Guzzini was used for the first time in 1911, when Enrico Guzzini started production of utensils made out of cowhorn. It was only in 1934, with establishment of the Fratelli Guzzini company, that products were developed more closely related to the current lamps. By 1938 items were produced out of the new material Methacrylate, also known as Acryl. By this time no lighting devices were yet in production.
Two brothers of the Guzzini family, Raimondo and Virgilio started under the name of “Harvey Guzzini” a new company to apply their creative vision, separate from the Fratelli Guzzini company. Harvey Guzzini was one of the forerunners of the understanding that light on its own, plays a key role in architecture. Their lamps were well received, and production soared during the 1960s and 70s.
Since 1974 the company has been renamed iGuzzini, and in the over 50 years of their existence they have proven to be very successful in their production of lighting devices, with classic designs such as the Mushroom Table lamp or the Sirio Table lamp.
To-date the company still exists, headquartered in Recanati (IT).